Implement changes and strategic tactics to achieve optimal positioning SEO, your website is not a simple procedure, given the many factors and changes in Google algorithms. Today we want to talk to these old techniques that no longer serve to enhance their status in the search engines.
There are things that are no longer positive for the SEO strategy in your website. While today some trends around positioning do not stop growing, others become obsolete and are even penalized by Google.
In general terms, we can say that we have gone from an SEO focused on quantitative aspects, such as keyword density, strategies link building not always well – intentioned or already anachronistic Meta tags to a qualitative SEO that pursues the satisfaction of users and condemning those practices that vitiate search results.
In our country, the search monopolizes 99 percent of searches. Improvements in positioning criteria are currently responsible for the most important thing is to seduce users, whose behavior affects the optimization of web pages. Therefore, the average time spent on the page, adaptation to mobile devices, the importance of local SEO and location, the relevance of voice search and long tail or natural links are increasingly important points so that your page flies high to the first results of Google.
Then you disclose what are some of the techniques that a few years ago were very effective in improving SEO quickly and even fraudulent and now, angry at Google and may be liable for penalties. If you keep putting into practice, you can take a good disgust.
10 SEO techniques that are obsolete
- Find links unnaturally: Not so long ago, achieving the highest possible number of external links was an effective strategy to move up in Google, regardless of the page that came, so that economic transactions around farms links were common practice. Although today links remain an important factor in qualifying, what matters is the quality of the links and not the quantity. Be achieved naturally and unforced way, on pages related sector. The massive exchange of links can is penalized by Google, because generally carried out using bots sending email.
- Saturate your content with keywords: Previously, having a density of keywords overweening did more good than harm. Currently, as we have noted, premium user experience and semantic content value. As Google has implemented more humane and intelligent algorithms, it is better to use synonyms and related terms with keywords instead of unnaturally put the same keyword indiscriminately throughout the text.
- Focus only on optimizing the links and content: If two years have a good code on the web, an acceptable daily content and a lot of links was the top priority today mentions and interactions on social networks are basic – still it debated whether directly and indirectly to positively impact users and improves SEO positioning.
- Create more pages to get more traffic: This SEO strategy was based on the grounds that by having more pages, a larger number of visitors would get. But as with obtaining links, content creation only to have more pages is not effective. The contents should be focused on quality, because if they are poor. Google may consider this practice as fraudulent.
- Have a higher ranking to get more traffic: This SEO strategy itself last that was to ensure a higher ranking to attract more traffic. Having a high ranking does not guarantee that more clicks will be obtained, especially in cases where a strategy of keywords that are not consistent or are not related to the niche or theme is used.
- Guest absurd post: Before Google updated its algorithm in 2013; many resorted to publishing articles as guest with the intention of getting SEO authority. In most cases, the content had nothing to do with the theme of the site, and only pursued a backhaul. Ideally, if this technique is implemented, is made on websites with authority that are relevant and above all have a thematic relationship and target the site where the link will target.
- Meta keyword tags: No useless since 2009. Google has stopped taking this element into account to develop a ranking of sites in search, and it is virtually useless to use.
- EMD domains: These domains, use increasingly rare, are those that conform exactly to the search terms, for example, if a person seeks “places in Madrid” and there is a web that is called “lugaresparacomerenmadrid.com “theoretically searchers positioned to these websites. Today, although not form a penalized practice, are not relevant factors for positioning factors, and therefore are not classified as an efficient technique. Now it is much more important that your website has a responsive design.
- Abuse Anchor Text: Anchor Text or anchor text remains an element of relevance for SEO, however, use the same phrase repeatedly, a very frequent for years practice, now it is penalized by Google because it can be interpreted as an attempt to provide incorrect information about the content of the site.
- In directories: This was a very common practice at the beginning of the new millennium, which currently can be counterproductive, especially for new websites, as traffic from directories can be misinterpreted by Google and thus impair the positioning.