Who else who has at least heard of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as a means to position itself organically in the search engines. Life no longer be imagined without internet without any information that gives us the network. And one of those responsible for organizing all that content is Google. And, like it or not, the Mountain View company is the king of search engines. Able to organize all the online information in 10 or 20 results on the first page. So how is it possible toappear there, and also reach the top of Google with the amount of website there? Here comes into play the SEO tactics mandatory marketing if you want your website look through search engines like Google.
WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT SEO?
Lots of people looking for things on the internet. Reaching that traffic is essential for a company to increase its visibility and consequently the sale of their services or products. The latest studies on visibility in Google positions indicate that better positioning higher return on investment achieved by the company and the following data make clear why we have to worry about and take into account the different SEO techniques to manage our websites:
- 78% of people surfing you click on the organic results rather than paid ads (PPC).
- Another significant finding is that 41% of users do not find what they want on the first page of Google not pass to the second, but change your search and use new keywords.
- Of users who search, 48% click on the first result while only 18% click in the second position, and percentages continue to decline in the rest of the results.
- As for e-commerce, 67% of users use the organic results to make their purchases.
When we talk about SEO positioning we talk about different techniques but in my opinion one of the points we have to keep in mind the SEO On-Page, which are all factors that can be addressed within our website to improve positioning seeker. I like to divide it into two blocks:
OPTIMIZATION OF THE SOURCE CODE OF THE WEB
- Title meta tag: This is one of the most important parts in the SEO On Page. Create an original title that attracts attention and, above all, that tells Google what is our website. It also has to be present the keyword you want to position (the more the better left).
- Meta tag description : This label really does not serve to position directly, but it does indirectly, ie: a good description that attracts the user with important and drafted keywords naturally, increase the number of clicks of impressions and this Meta itself is closely related to the CTR, a factor that is taken into account in increasing our visibility in Google.
- The Sitemap.xml : The objective is to facilitate navigation Sitemap bots our site and tell Google how the structure of our website.
- The Robot.txt file . With this file we tell Google that we want to be indexed on their servers, so we have to pay attention to that there are no mistakes.
- Speed Load : Load the web should be fast, the more the better. I admit that I personally obsessed with this factor and insist on it constantly, especially since the importance attached to mobile phone use to query information. The way forward is to optimize images, control the cache, have a clean source code and architecture without errors.
STRUCTURE CONTENT AND IMAGES
- Friendly URL: It is certainly a very important factor. The URL should be friendly, that is, avoid them strange and unnecessary characters. They also have to carry the keyword that we want to position and place this keyword as far to the left aspossible.
- Correct structure of HTML tags: We have to use correctly the HTML title tags, ie H1, H2, H3, to structure our content. Note that the H1 is the most important and therefore we will use to the owner of our content, we can also only be used once within our site. The H2 and H3 tags are going to help create content architecture correctly.
- Keyword Density: .’ve Probably heard of keyword density This is the% of times a keyword is repeated within a page, not only in the text we write, but also in the comments, in the navigation menu , etc. This is good for SEO, but be careful not tooverdo and reach the Keyword Stuffing or over-optimization. The best option is towrite naturally on a subject using synonyms and related words to the keyword .
- Optimize Images: It is one of the most neglected parts of web pages and should not be so because they help in positioning. There are many users who land on our web through image search. They should have a light weight and have the keyword in the title of the file and the Alt attribute, which must always be optimized .
- Use bold and italics: Highlight the important parts of our text to indicate to Google that are relevant parties. Nor should we go crazy with this technique .
- Multimedia content: video, audio or computer graphics will add value to the items or products also help users stay longer on our site and lower the bounce rate, Google indicating that our content is interesting and relevant .
- Internal links: Having an internal link architecture is a good technique to help grow our content in Google’s ranking. These links should link related content and to provide additional information to our article.
- External Links: Links to other relevant sites on the same topic are recommended long as it ‘s for more information about what we are talking about. Nor do we go crazy with external links so that Google does not think are “spamming”.
- Social Networks: Generate interaction of our content on social networks indicates to Google that our website is alive, active and interested users.
Today no one can say out in the top of Google, and anyone who says otherwise is lying, but if we consider these recommendations, we will advance some positions in the ranking of search engine and get more visibility among our potential customers. Therefore, we should not lose sight of the SEO and new techniques and strategies because the Google algorithm is constantly evolving.